24-Hour Emergency Service
Call 902-420-9287 for water, sewer, and flooding emergencies.
Customer Care Centre
- Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please allow up to three business days for a reply)
Concerns or Complaints
As a regulated public utility, Halifax Water must conduct business in accordance with the Halifax Water Regulations as approved by the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board. These can be used to help you determine if we have applied an approved practice.
Halifax Water will respond to concerns and complaints about:
- Metering and meter reading
- Application of standard charges
- Misuse of water resources, sanitary, or stormwater systems
- Halifax Water staff or service delivery
FORMAL COMPLAINTS CAN BE SENT TO:
- Halifax Water
P.O. Box 8388, RPO CSC
What if I don't like the answer I received from Halifax Water?
If you are not happy with Halifax Water's response, you may make an appeal to the Dispute Resolution Officer (DRO).
The Dispute Resolution Officer is an independent officer (not an employee of Halifax Water or the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board) who manages regulation based customer issues.