Halifax Water’s social media channels exist so you can communicate and engage with each other and Halifax Water staff about Halifax Water programs, services, and initiatives.
Follow or like these social media accounts to get up to date information:
Halifax Water is committed to making our social media channels a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. Before posting on our social media channels, please familiarize yourself with our social media usage guidelines. Violating these can result in comment/ post removal.
The comments, opinions and other materials posted on Halifax Water’s social media channels are the sole responsibility of the individual submitting the postings. Halifax Water does not endorse, nor is it responsible for, any of the postings, comments, opinions or other submissions ("User Submissions") on these sites and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions.
Halifax Water strongly encourages users of its social media sites to respect their fellow users.
Comments that are offensive, rude in tone, or abusive will not be tolerated. Comments, discussion posts, wall posts and any other user-posted content that is deemed inappropriate by Halifax Water in its sole discretion, will be removed from the page. Halifax Water also reserves the right to monitor and remove, edit or refuse comments that meet any of the following conditions:
- Contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- Serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- Aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- Messages where the sender is not the author
- Messages for advertising purposes
- Messages that are political or partisan in nature
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages
Halifax Water thanks those submitting requests but reserves the right to not share information from third-party organizations on its social media channels. If information is shared from a third-party (e.g. Share function on Facebook or Retweet function on Twitter) this does not constitute Halifax Water endorsement of the event, initiative or organization. Note: Halifax Water is not responsible for the content or accuracy of third-party information shared via its social media channels.